By David Crane
defrev (at) gmail (dot) com
December 26, 2011
We here at DefenseReview (DR) are big fans of Vltor Modstocks (telescoping buttstocks), and of the Vltor IMod (Improved Carbine Modstock) stock, in particular.
But Modstocks aren’t all they do over there at VLTOR Weapon Systems. In fact, they’re now making complete weapons, and just introduced the Vltor TS3 Carbine (Vltor Tactical Sporter Carbine) mid-length direct-gas-impingement (DGI) tactical AR carbine, which is outfitted with premium tactical AR components, parts and accessories, and was featured on the hit show Top Shot back in September (2011). One interesting TS3 carbine feature is what appears to be a seriously-oversized mag release button (magazine release button).
The TS3 is definitely worth a look.
One of the TS3’s features is a Vltor EMod “A5” Combo Kit stock, which is noteworthy as this one component can solve a lot of AR carbine/SBR timing/reliability problems all by itself. DR plans to combine the A5 lower receiver extension/buffertube-and-buffer kit with a Vltor IMod stock in the near future and T&E it.
Vltor TS3 Carbine (Vltor Tactical Sporter Carbine) Features Rundown:
– Vltor TS3 Lower Receiver featuring a beveled magazine-well, large button magazine release and three-position, quick-detachable single-point sling mount.
– Vltor VIS-2A-AK polylithic/free float upper receiver assembly with 10-inch rail section and bolt assist.
– Geissele Automatics Hi-Speed Nation Match DMR Trigger/Hammer Assembly
– EMod w/A5 Enhancement Kit (Enhanced Modstock) featuring integral rubber buttpad, multiple sling attachments and storage for up to eight AA-batteries or nine-3 volt lithium batteries. A5 receiver extension offers seven different stock placements.
– Noveske Rifleworks hammer forged, chrome lined, 15-inch, 1-7 inch twist barrel with mid-length gas system.
– Vltor Compensator (VC-A1)permanently attached to the barrel, making the barrel length a legal 16.25 inch barrel.
– Bravo Company USA BCM Gunfighter Charging Handle (BCM-GFH-556-MOD4) designed by Vltor
– TangoDown SCAR Rail PanelsBattleGrip (BG-16)
– Diamondhead USA, Flip-Up “Classic” Combat Sights
Photo(s) Credit: Vltor Weapon Systems (VWS)
Company Contact Info:
VLTOR Weapon Systems (VWS)
Email: [email protected]
Vltor TS3 Carbine Page: http://www.vltor.com/ts3carbine.html
Noveske Rifleworks LLC
P.O. Box 1401
Grants Pass, Oregon 97528
Email Contact Page: http://noveskerifleworks.com/contact
1920 W. Marshall Street
Norristown, PA 19403
Email Contact Page: http://geissele.com/contact-us.aspx
Bravo Company USA, Inc.
PO Box 341
Hartland, WI 53029
Toll Free: 877-272-8626 (877-BRAVO CO)
Email: [email protected]
CAGE Code 342X6
1588 Arrow Highway, Unit F
La Verne, CA 91750-5334
Email Sales: [email protected]
Cage code: 3BLZ8
© Copyright 2011 DefenseReview.com (DR). All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without receiving permission and providing proper credit and appropriate links.
DR Action Video!: DR Runs Adams Arms Evo Ultra-Lite Mid-Length 16″ Piston AR Upper Receiver, SureFire MAG5-60 60-Shot Quad-Stack 5.56mm Rifle Mag and Silver State Armory 5.56mm Ammo Through Mike Pannone/CTT-Solutions (CTTS) Tactical Carbine Course
High-End Tactical AR Components: Vltor MUR, VIS, CASV and More…
Live-Fire Video: Vltor VIS-1 M4/M4A1-Config Select-Fire Carbine
Adams Arms (AA) Tactical Evo Piston AR (AR-15/M16 Rifle / M4/M4A1 Carbine) Uppers (Upper Receivers) with Samson Evolution Rail System/Tactical Handguards for Martial Combat and Tactical Training (Videos!)
DR Range Report: INFORCE WML (Weapon Mounted Light) Tactical White Light/Infrared (IR) Light: A Shooter’s Report (Detailed Range Report with Photos and Video!)
FERFRANS Rate Reduction System/Delayed Sear Activation System (RRS/DSAS)-Equipped Adams Arms (AA) Tactical Piston AR SBR/Sub-Carbine Upper Receivers Mounted on Colt M4A1 Carbine Select-Fire Lower: Full-Auto/Semi-Auto Range Test on Video!
Adams Arms (AA) Evo Ultralite Ultra-Light/Super-Lightweight Gas Piston/Op-Rod AR Carbine Upper Receiver Assemblies (Mid-Length and Carbine-Length) for 3-Gun Competition and Combat: Super-Accurate and Super-Fast!